Choosing the perfect location for your wedding photos can be a daunting task, especially if you’re not familiar with the area. Luckily, St. John’s, Newfoundland has an abundance of stunning locations to choose from. Here are the top 5 places I would suggest to go for wedding photos in St. John’s that will leave you with breathtaking photos and memories to last a lifetime.
- Downtown St. John’s – If you’re looking for an urban city vibe and coastal ocean scenery, then downtown St. John’s is the perfect location for you. With Signal Hill and the East Coast Trail, you can get great photos of the city skyline and vast ocean horizon, as well as cliffside and woodsy photos.
- Cape Spear – Just a short drive from downtown St. John’s, Cape Spear is home to a stunning lighthouse and is popular as the easternmost point in North America. This location provides dreamy coastal vibes with beautiful ocean scenery and, if you’re lucky, incredible sunset colours and whales in the distance.
- Quidi Vidi Village – Located in Downtown St. John’s, Quidi Vidi is a captivating fishing village worth exploring during your wedding or wedding photoshoot if you’re already in the area. With it’s charming streets and picturesque harbour, it offers a delightful blend of history and natural beauty. Don’t miss the opportunity to capture memorable moments in the scenic charm of Quidi Vidi.
- Topsail Beach or Worseley Park – If you’re getting married just outside the city at the popular Manuel’s River Interpretation Centre, then Topsail Beach and Worseley Park are the perfect locations for your wedding photos. Topsail Beach offers beautiful sunsets and a coastal beachy vibe, while a short walk into the woods can provide some great forest photos. Topsail Bluff is also a great option for cliffside photos. If Topsail Beach is too crowded, Worseley Park is a nearby alternative that boasts a pond on one side and the ocean on the other, providing a unique backdrop for your photos.
- Cobbler’s Path – For those looking to elope or have a private ceremony, Cobbler’s Path is a perfect location for your wedding photos. Located just a short hike down the East Coast Trail, this spot offers plenty of privacy with amazing cliffside views of Torbay Point.
So whether you’re a local getting married in St. John’s or you’re planning a destination wedding in Newfoundland and Labrador, these stunning locations will provide a beautiful backdrop for your special day.
Leave a Reply