As a couples photographer, I know that planning for a photoshoot can be a little nerve-wracking. That’s why I’ve put together some tips to help you prepare for your upcoming photoshoot at a beach location:
- Coordinate your outfits: No need to match completely, (unless that’s what you’re into!), but choose outfits that complement each other and the location. If we’re going to a beach or cliffside location, consider lighter colours, pastels, or neutral shades that will pop against the sand, grass and water. Avoid busy patterns or bright neon colours that can be distracting. Keep in mind that comfort is key, so choose outfits that make you feel confident and comfortable.
- Bring extra clothes: Depending on the weather, it’s always a good idea to bring extra clothes. You don’t want to end up cold and uncomfortable during the shoot if the weather suddenly turns chilly or windy. Bringing an extra set of clothes, or making sure you have a jacket or sweater with you, also gives you the opportunity to have some outfit variety in your photos.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking enough water is important for a healthy complexion and keeping your energy levels up. It’s especially important if you’re going to be spending time outside in the sun. Make sure to bring enough water for both you and your partner to stay hydrated throughout the shoot.
- Bring some props: Props can add an element of fun and personality to your photos. Consider bringing a beach blanket, sun hat, sunglasses, or anything that you feel will add to the overall theme and mood of the shoot.
- Have fun and be yourself: Most importantly, just relax and enjoy the moment! It’s important to have fun and be yourself during your photoshoot. The best photos are often the ones that capture your unique personality and love for each other.
By following these simple tips, you can ensure that your photoshoot will be a success. Remember, preparation is key, but the most important thing is to have fun and enjoy the experience!
Leave a Reply